Friday, October 21, 2005

Homeschooling

Some of you have asked about Homeschooling. So far, it’s going fine. I’m enjoying it and Hannah spontaneously reported this morning that she likes Homeschooling better to regular school. Noah reports that while it’s true that the days are shorter than regular school days, the days feel longer because the work is harder. I like the one-on-one attention that I can give them, especially as it relates to processing material to make sure that they understand it; that is a luxury that most teachers with many students in the class cannot do. As both kids love reading, but don’t always read the quality books that I would like them to read, I am enjoying assigning those books now. [Before I would ask them to read a particular book – they would halfheartedly try and then report that they ‘really couldn’t get into it’. Now they don’t have an option – they must read it.] I’m happy to report that once they start reading it, I find them sneaking reading during their break time in school – they like it! Currently, Hannah is reading To Kill a Mockingbird; Noah is reading Lord of the Flies.

No comments: